By Chef: Emily von Euw
Posted: March 22, 2017
This recipe is for cherry, chai and chocolate lovers. Is that you? It’s a sweet, fruity smoothie full of vitamin C, spices that are protective, therapeutic and regulatory like cinnamon and ginger, and plenty of plant based protein.
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1-2 cups hemp milk, as desired or needed
- 1 scoop Genuine Health fermented vegan proteins+ vanilla
- Scant 1/4 cup cashews
- 2 dates
- 1 dry packet chai tea
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1-2 tablespoons hemp milk, as needed
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- To make the smoothie: blend all ingredients together until smooth and adjust according to taste (i.e. add more of whatever you like).
- To make the chocolate: stir together the ingredients until smooth. It might take a moment for the cocoa powder to incorporate into the wet ingredients— just keep stirring gently.
- Pour your smoothie into a bowl or glass, drizzle with the chocolate and — optional — sprinkle on some seeds, dried fruits and nuts! Enjoy!