By Chef: Summer Sanders
Posted: November 5, 2015
These delicious raw crackers are amazing with raw cheeses (fermented nut cheese), hummus, raw patès, avocado or just to enjoy alone. The base is made from walnuts so they have a very savory flavor. The healthy fat in the walnuts gives them a great rich texture and flavor. You can make these in your oven if you don’t have a dehydrator, just bake them at the lowest heat offered until golden brown and toasty. Enjoy!
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 tablespoon of fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, sage)
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water (more if needed, should be a firmer constancy, but easily spreads onto dehydrator sheets)
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds, ground
- In a food processor, grid the walnuts and then add hemp seeds, carrots, herbs, shallot, oil and water.
- Process until you reach your desired texture.
- Pour into a bowl and add in ground flax.
- Let firm up then spread on to the teflex sheets or parchment paper (if baking), cut into desired size.
- Dehydrate at 115 degree for 10 hours or until crispy!