By Chef: Elise Museles
Posted: November 10, 2014
This small seed produces big benefits. Aside from being a nutritional powerhouse filled with an easily digestible form of protein that is a rich source of iron, magnesium, calcium and phosphorous, chia seeds have also been touted to help with everything from achy joints to endurance to weight loss. Try this delicious chia seed pudding for breakfast, snack or dessert.
- 6 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 cups plant-based milk (almond, hemp, coconut)
- 3 tablespoons coconut nectar or pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract or vanilla powder
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- Lemon Zest
- Pour all ingredients into a bowl. Stir until well combined. Allow to sit for 30 minutes whisking every 10 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Place in refrigerator and store for several hours or overnight. Check for desired thickness and flavor. Adjust if needed.
- When ready to serve, spoon into bowls (or store in mason jars) and top with fresh berries. Enjoy! Keeps in refrigerator up to 4 days.