By Chef: Amber St. Peter.
Posted: May 3, 2016
This salad is a game changer. It’s incredibly simple to make but packs a ton of good-for-you ingredients and tastes incredible. Dress it in a light, tangy champagne vinaigrette and you’ll be left craving more.
- 5 ounces (135 g) lacinato kale, rolled and thinly sliced
- 5 ounces (150 g) brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded
- 3/4 cup (50 g) green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (70 g) pine nuts
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (8 ml) lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- pinch each of salt + pepper
- Place prepared kale, brussels, green onions and pine nuts in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Prepare the dressing by blending olive oil, garlic, champagne vinegar, maple syrup, lemon juice, dijon mustard, salt and pepper in a high-speed blender or food processor until creamy.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Enjoy immediately!
Don’t have any champagne vinegar? Use whatever vinegar you have on hand, instead! You can prepare the veggies and dressing separately ahead and dress as needed.