By Chef: Callie England
Posted: March 14, 2011
Yummy shaved asparagus, sliced radishes and a mustard seed vinaigrette. This salad makes a great accompaniment to any meal! Be warned, the dressing has a very bold mustard-seed flavor.
- .5 bunch asparagus
- 5 radishes
Mustard Seed Vinaigrette— makes about 6 – 8 ounces
- .33 C fresh orange juice
- 2 T white wine vinegar
- .5 t brown mustard seed
- .25 C olive oil
- dash of stevia (maple syrup, dates, agave, etc…)
- Sea Salt
- Coarse Pepper
- Orange Zest
- Asparagus Bracts
1. Wash asparagus and trim ends.
2. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the stems of the asparagus spears – starting under the bract. Save the bracts (tops) and set aside.
3. Thinly slice radishes.
Mustard Seed Vinaigrette
1. Blend all ingredients in a blender. Store in an air-tight jar.
1. In a large bowl, toss shaved asparagus, sliced radishes, coarse pepper, sea salt and vinaigrette.
2. Plate salad and garnish with asparagus bracts and orange zest.