By Chef: Kerry Ogden
Posted: August 11, 2014
Dinner is just outside the door! This delectable dish by Kerry Ogden is all about summer gardens bursting with zucchini, tomatoes, kale, garlic and savory herbs. Simple, satisfying and sophisticated – this one is sure to please and comes together in less than ten minutes. Bon appétit!
- 4 medium crimini, sliced
- 1 kale leaf, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon nama shoyu
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh herbs, minced
- (basil, oregano, parsley, thyme, etc.)
- ¼ cup cashews and/or pine nuts
- 1 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- pinch of salt
- 1 zucchini
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
1) In a bowl, massage kale with lemon juice. Set aside.
2) Whisk together remaining ingredients and toss with mushrooms.
3) Gently fold kale and mushroom mixes together.
4) Allow to marinate for at least 15 minutes, up to 3 hours.
1) Toss in a food processor and pulse until crumbly.
1) Using a mandolin or peeler, slice zucchini into long ribbons. Stop when you reach the soft, inner seeds.
2) Gently toss all ingredients in a bowl and pile artfully a plate.
3) Sprinkle with crumble and garnish with basil flower.