By Chef: Tina Leigh
Posted: May 21, 2015
Optimal digestion is a cornerstone of true health and affects everything from the way our skin looks, our cognitive function, our emotional well being and how good our bodies feel/look in general. When it comes to digesting our food thoroughly, making sure to chew properly is of utmost importance, and this pertains even to blended foods. Try serving your smoothies in a bowl, slowing down while you eat it like you would a bowl of soup.This recipe combines powerful superfoods such as flax, hemp, avocado, cacao, sacha incha and plant based protein with plenty of chlorophyll-rich greens for a low-sugar smoothie bowl that will leave you feeling balanced, grounded, nourished and ready to tackle your busy day with love.
- 2 handfuls spinach leaves
- 1/3 cucumber (with skin), chopped
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 3 scoops chocolate plant protein powder
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- Pinch pink sea salt, plus one more
- 1/2 teaspoon spirulina (optional)
- 1 cup cold plant milk of choice
- 5 chocolate covered sacha inchi seeds, split (optional)
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao nibs
- Handful of ice
- In a high-speed blender, combine spinach, cucumber, avocado, flax seeds, protein powder, hemp seeds, sea salt, spirulina (if using), plant milk, and ice.
- Blend on high for thirty seconds, and then pour into a bowl. Garnish with chocolate covered sacha inchi seeds, cacao nibs, and a pinch more salt.