By Chef: Amanda Brocket
Posted: March 2, 2017
These Salted Caramel Pecan Fat Bombs are a concentrated treat of healthy fats that are filling and perfect for those on a Ketagenic, low carb diet. Instead of reaching for a sweet treat – try these instead, they are sure to kill cravings and keep you feeling so full you won’t want to eat another thing! Plus they taste a bit like a mini Magnum!
Yield: makes approx 6-8
- 2 T almond butter
- 1 C coconut butter
- 8 drops Vanilla Stevia
- 8 drops Medicine Flower Caramel or Butterscotch Extract – OR
- 1 t mesquite powder
- 3 T cacao powder
- Chopped pecans to put in bottom of ice cube tray
- pinch salt
- To garnish: Drizzle with chocolate sauce: 2T raw cacao powder, 2T coconut oil, 3 drops stevia, pinch salt, all blended.
- Place all ingredients in blender except for cacao powder and chopped pecans.
- Blend until smooth. Pour out half the mixture into a bowl. With the remaining half in the blender add the cacao powder. Blend until smooth. Adjust to taste.
- Pour into ice cube trays that have been lined with the chopped pecans and fill to 3/4 fill. Set in freezer for 10 minutes until firm.
- Remove from freezer and pour the original half mix on top to finish off so you have a nice two tone layer. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Pop out of the ice cube tray and drizzle with chocolate. Freeze again for 10 minutes before serving.