By Chef: Golubka
Posted: November 29, 2016
If your experience of rosemary has been limited to savory dishes, you are in for a real treat. This vibrantly flavorful herb can be used to enhance the flavors of sweet recipes too. Give it a try with this creamy vegan milkshake featuring coconut milk, dates, freshly brewed green tea, ice, vanilla bean, and of course that perfect hint of fresh, aromatic rosemary.
- 1 1/3 cup (300 g) full fat coconut milk
- 2 rosemary sprigs – lightly bruised with the back of a chef’s knife
- 1 tablespoon green tea leaves
- 1/2 vanilla bean – seeds scraped out
- 3/4 cup cashews – soaked in water for 4 hours
- 1 cup purified water, plus more for soaking the cashews
- 2-3 soft dates – pitted and chopped
- about 6 ice-cubes, more if needed
- Place coconut milk, green tea leaves (use a small mesh ball or strainer for the tea leaves), rosemary, vanilla seeds and bean into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover and let infuse for 30 minutes. Remove the mesh ball/strainer in 10 minutes. Strain the milk and let cool completely in the refrigerator.
- Drain and rinse the cashews, add them to a high-speed blender along with water and dates. Blend until very smooth.
- Add the chilled infused coconut milk and ice and blend for about 30 seconds into a creamy, foamy milkshake. Add your favorite vanilla ice-cream for a thicker, more indulgent shake if you wish.