A beautiful winter salad by Amy Lyons of Fragrant Vanilla Cake rich in phytonutrients and beta carotene from sweet persimmons and yams. You will love the sweet and tangy dressing made with juicy persimmons, red bells, and fresh lime juice seasoned with a hint of chili. Top your salad creation with a handful of dehydrated, coconut oil-infused crispy yams (recipe also included!). Enjoy!
1 yellow or red bell pepper, diced
1 ripe fuyu persimmon, diced
1 Tbsp chili powder
a good pinch of chipotle powder
3 Tbsp lime juice
sea salt to taste
about 4 cups mixed greens such as arugula and spinach (or whatever you prefer)
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 fuyu persimmon, sliced
1/2 cup raw purple or orange sweet potato, cut julienne
crispy yams (recipe follows)
For the dressing:
1) combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
To assemble the salad:
1) place the greens on each of 2 plates, then scatter the bell pepper, persimmons, and sweet potatoes over it.
2) Drizzle with the dressing, then top with the crispy yams and serve!
1) Dehydrate the spiralized sweet potato for about 24 hours until very crisp.
2) When crispy, toss with just enough coconut oil to coat, and sprinkle with sea salt.