This shake is just way too delicious to be enjoyed only once per year. If you love all things mint-chip, this clean, healthy, and plant-based version of a Shamrock Shake will satisfy the craving. Made with coconut milk, avocado, peppermint essential oil, coconut nectar (or maple syrup) to sweeten, and a handful of fresh spinach for color. Cheers to spring!
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 large avocado
- 1/2 cup packed spinach
- 4 drops peppermint essential oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 8 large ice cubes
- 3 drops stevia (or another 1/2 Tbs nectar)
- Optional: raw chocolate sauce for drizzling (RFR tip: you can make this by combining cacao powder with melted coconut oil and a liquid sweetener of your choice.)
- 1 Tbs raw cacao nibs for garnish
- Blend all but the ice and stevia in a blender until smooth. Add the ice, blend again. Taste, add the stevia if desired.
- Add the cacao nibs and blend briefly, until they turned to little flecks. Serve immediately.