It’s only 1 week until Halloween, which means you can’t walk into a grocery store without being bombarded by a sea of fun sized, corn syrup laden treats (or are they tricks…). Before you cave to a craving (especially if it’s of the peppermint patty variety) whip up a batch of these! Vegan peppermint patties made with real, plant based ingredients and nothing processed or refined.
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut butter, cashew butter, maple syrup, sea salt, vanilla extract and peppermint extract in a bowl, and mix together with a spoon until completely blended.
- Place the bowl in the freezer until the mixture is firm enough to be shaped, about 10-15 minutes (depending on how warm it was).
- Shape the mixture into 8 patties, and place on a parchment lined tray. Place in the freezer and freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler.
- Dip each of the patties into the chocolate (I like to use a fork to set them on, and a spoon to assist) letting the excess drain off, and set them back onto the piece of parchment paper. When they are all dipped, place them in the freezer until the chocolate has hardened, about 5-10 minutes.
- Store the chocolates in the refrigerator for up to a month in an airtight container.