This recipe is way better than most of the Halloween candy out there, more like grown up real Halloween candy. So, it is the perfect time of the year to make them, so you can enjoy them instead of the store bought candy that is not made with good ingredients. And if you are craving Nutella, you need to give these lovelies a try!
- 1 cup hazelnut butterr*
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1 cup chopped vegan raw or dark chocolate
- In a bowl, mix together the hazelnut butter, maple syrup, sea salt and cacao powder until well blended.
- Roll the mixture into balls, and place on a parchment lined tray. Freeze for about 1 hour.
- Freeze for about 1 hour.
- When the filling has chilled for an hour, melt the dark chocolate in the top of a double boiler until smooth.
- Dip each filling ball into the melted chocolate, let the excess drain off (I like to set it on a fork), and place back onto the tray.
- When you are finished dipping them, place them in the freezer to firm up for about 10 minutes. Store truffles in the refrigerator for up to a few months in a sealed container.