Chocolate covered candy bites inspired by a raw cheesecake? Who wouldn’t be lining up for that. Simple but so good. The combination of maple with pecans and chocolate is the perfect fall treat.
- 1/3 cup raw pecan butter, walnut butter, or almond butter at room temperature
- 1/3 cup cashew butter at room temperature
- ¼ cup coconut butter, warmed to liquid
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch sea salt
- ¼ tsp maple extract
- ¼ cup chopped pecans, walnuts, or almonds
- 6 oz raw vegan dark chocolate, chopped
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the filling except the pecans. Place in the freezer for about 10 minutes until the mixture is a little thicker.
- Drop the mixture onto a parchment lined tray by the heaping teaspoonful, and sprinkle with pecans (pressing in lightly). Place back into the freezer until firm.
- Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate in the top of a double boiler.
- Dip each ball of cheesecake into the chocolate and place back on the lined tray (I like to use a fork to set the candy on to dip it so that the excess can run off, and then I carefully use a knife to slide it off touching only the bottom, onto the tray). One they are all dipped, place back in the freezer until the chocolate has set, about 10 minutes. Store chocolates in the refrigerator in a sealed container.