When those chocolate peanut butter cravings hit, the struggle to not indulge is real. Unless of course you make your own healthy version, then you can drop the guilt and just enjoy! This recipe has all the flavors of your traditional chocolate peanut butter cup, except it’s flip flopped – the peanut butter is on the outside. You can’t go wrong with a chocolate peanut butter filling surrounded by a melt-in-the-mouth combination of more peanut butter, cacao butter, maple syrup, and sea salt. These will satisfy your choco PB cravings guaranteed.
Peanut Butter White Chocolate:
- 1/4 cup cacao butter (2 oz)
- 2 Tbsp organic smooth peanut butter (use jungle peanut for a raw version)
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (or to taste)
- pinch sea salt
Chocolate Peanut Butter Filling
- 1/4 cup organic smooth peanut butter (use jungle peanut for a raw version)
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder or cocoa powder
- Combine all of the peanut butter white chocolate ingredients over a double boiler, and whisk until smooth.
- Pour into the bottoms of 6 larger peanut butter cup tins (or molds), then place them in the freezer to set.
- Mix the filling ingredients together, and set aside.
- Once the bottom chocolate has set, spoon about 1 heaping tsp of the peanut butter mixture onto the top of the set chocolate, then pour remaining melted chocolate over that.
- Place them in the freezer to set, about 15 minutes.