It’s time to turn up the heat! With just 6 clean, whole food ingredients and about 5 minutes, you can make this super easy recipe using fresh ingredients. This is a good recipe to help use up summer time basil. A vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo-friendly recipe! For a little milder version, try using just 1 habanero.
- 2 cups organic fresh basil leaves (packed)
- 1/2 cup organic walnuts
- 1/4 cup 100% pure avocado oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 - 2 habanero peppers
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Prepare the habanero peppers: take care when cutting the peppers; use gloves and wash hands thoroughly when finished; make sure you don't touch your eyes, etc. after handling them. Start with (1) pepper and add an additional one, if you prefer.
- Add all ingredients to a Vitamix (with a "pulse" feature) or a food processor and pulse until the walnuts and basil is chopped and everything is well blended and to your preferred consistency.
- Adjust seasonings to your preference.