Yes, V-Day may be behind us…but chocolate is an every day kind of thing, not just for special occasions. These truffles are the perfect thing to sink your teeth in to any old time, that is, if you love chocolate and spicy things. Enjoy!
- In a bowl, mix together the almond butter, cacao powder, maple syrup, chipotle powder and sea salt until smooth and well combined. You want it to be the consistency of dough, if it is still too soft (since peanut butter may vary in how liquid it is), add a little more cacao powder.
- Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls, and place on a parchment lined tray.
- Place in the freezer to chill for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, when you are ready to dip the truffles, melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler until smooth.
- Dip each truffle into the chocolate (letting the excess drain off, I like to set mine on a fork to dip to make it easier) and place back onto the tray until they are all done.
- Place in the freezer to set the chocolate until it is hard, which usually takes 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!