Warning, this cheese is addictive. You will dream about it and you will make it again and again. Not only is this vegan cashew cheese delish times infinity, it’s super versatile so you can easily have a batch in your fridge at all times, use it many a different way and it will never get old and go bad from being ignored. You can put it on pizza or crumble it on a big green salad. Try it in a sandwich or use it in lasagna. Use it as a topping for Roasted Kabocha Squash. Use your imagination and get creative. Because creative is sexy.
- 1 cup cashews (130g) soaked in 3 cups (709 ml) of water for at least 1 hour.
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (10ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (3g)
- 2 turns fresh black pepper
- 1/4 cup water (60ml)
- Soak, drain and rinse cashews.
- Place in a food processor, along with lemon juice, salt and black pepper.
- Pulse for about 1 minute to combine ingredients.
- Add water and process until completely smooth, about 2 -4 minutes. Is it seriously that simple? Yes lovers, it is. xo