This Matcha Cream Chia Pudding, made with creamy coconut milk and sweet matcha, makes for a festive and healthy holiday breakfast. This three-layer parfait blurs the lines between festive, healthy and indulgent, so that all your Thanksgiving breakfast needs, wants and desires are all satisfied…one layer at a time
Ingredients for the Vanilla Chia Pudding Layer (bottom layer)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1-2 tablespoons any yogurt (RFR tip: use raw coconut yogurt for a truly raw version)
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder or extract
For the matcha cream layer (middle)
- 1/3 cup yogurt of your choice (RFR tip: use raw coconut yogurt for a truly raw version)
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder (I love Aiya Matcha)
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional, see how sweet you like it)
For the vanilla cream layer (top)
- 2-3 tablespoons yogurt of your choice
- pinch on vanilla powder or splash of extract
- Start by making the chia seed pudding layer. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and let this sit for about 4 hours or overnight.
- Once it's ready, spoon it into a cup and top it off with the middle layer. To make the middle layer, simply mix all the ingredients into a bowl and then top on to the chia pudding.
- Repeat with the vanilla cream layer and then top onto your matcha layer. Finish off the three layer pudding with whatever fruit you like!