This Strawberry Ginger and Turmeric Sorbet is a refreshing and energizing smoothie that’s thick, creamy, and naturally sweet. Packed with anti-inflammatory benefits and ingredients that are also great for digestion, this is one healthy dessert that tastes great and is good for you too!
- ½ cup unsweetened almond (or cashew) milk
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- ⅓ cup frozen pineapple (about 6-8 cubes)
- 1 peeled, small, very ripe frozen banana (preferably broken up into small cubes)
- ⅛ tsp. turmeric
- ⅛ tsp. ginger
- (optional): ¼ tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract (this rounds out the flavor)
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender in the order listed. If you don't have a high-speed blender, I suggest a really high-quality food processor instead.
- Blend on low, then progress to high until thick and creamy just like sorbet. If you have a Vitamix or Blendtec, use the frozen dessert feature and let it run its cycle. If you have a Vitamix, use the tamper as well. If you use a food processor, process until a thick, smooth, creamy consistency results.
- Scoop the mixture out to serve right away, or you can store it in reusable containers and freeze to eat later on (see notes).