Whether you’ll be watching the big game this weekend or not, there is never a bad time to eat guacamole! This recipe is as fresh as it gets. A classic quac with red onion, cilantro, lime, and peppers. Serve it up with raw crackers, veggie slices, or scoop it on your next green salad. Enjoy!
- 4 medium, ripe avocados
- 3 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small jalapéno pepper, seeded and finely diced OR 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, for spiciness)
- Slice the avocados in half lengthwise, tossing the seed and scooping the green innards into a large mixing bowl. Mash the avocado with a fork or potato masher until it reaches your desired consistency; my recommendation is to keep it a little chunky.
- Pour in the red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt and peppers, if using. Stir to combine. Serve immediately with chips or as an accompaniment to tacos or fajitas!