Include kale in your diet and you’ll get a great source of fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. It will help to strengthen your immune system – your hair, skin, and nails will look much better. One cup of kale has only 36 calories and zero fat, which helps weight loss.
Amy Lyons by Fragrant Vanilla Cake offered a great recipe of Thai Chili Coconut Kale Chips. It is very tasty, easy to make and it makes a great healthy option for a snack.
1/2 cup raw coconut butter or raw sunflower seed butter
1 cup finely shredded coconut
2 thai chilies or habaneros if you like a kick
1 tsp sea salt or to taste filtered water
2 bunches kale
1/2 cup finely shredded coconut
red pepper flakes
1) In a food processor, combine coconut butter, coconut, chilies, and sea salt with about 1/4 cup of filtered water.
2) Turn the processor on and process until smooth, a little more water at a time to create a smooth paste about the consistency of thinner cake batter.
3) Place the kale in a large bowl, and pour the mixture over. Massage the mixture into the kale with your hands until it is all coated, then place on 2 lined dehydrator sheets.
4) Sprinkle with coconut and red pepper flakes.
5) Dehydrate at 115F until dry overnight (about 8-10 hours).