This recipe is an amazing sweet treat! A raw vegan banana coconut ice cream with gluten-free, raw, vegan cookie dough featuring creamy tahini as the special ingredient. Enjoy!
- 4 frozen bananas, peeled
- 1/4-1/3 cup coconut cream or coconut milk, full fat
- 1/4 cup creamy tahinior other nut/seed butter
- 1/3 cup oat flour (RFR tips: grind raw rolled oats into a flour using a food processor or coffee grinder)
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4-1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips, or raw chocolate pieces
- Mix all cookie dough ingredients by hand except for coconut oil and chips. Once you have a sticky consistency add the oil and mix again. You should now have a cookie dough consistency.
- Add the chocolate chips and set aside.
- Using a high speed blender or food processor blend the frozen bananas and coconut milk until you have a very creamy and soft serve consistency.
- Immediately transfer ice cream to a bowl and mix with 3/4 cookie dough mixture until incorporated. Serve on your favorite cup and top with leftover cookie dough. We also added more tahini and cacao nibs to top the ice cream.