This salad is delicious! Savory, with just enough sweetness coming from the dried fruit. If you are looking for an easy and delicious salad to make ahead for lunches, or to share at a picnic, this would be awesome. It doesn’t spoil as fast as mayo salads would. And of course, no need to tell your guests it is healthy and good for them.
- 4 medium sized heads broccoli, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried mango, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup organic tahini
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 tsp sea salt or to taste
- Place the broccoli flowrettes, sunflower seeds, mango, and cranberries in a bowl.
- Whisk together tahini, water, cider vinegar, cumin, garlic, and sea salt in a bowl (if it is too thick add a little more water, if too thin a little more tahini).
- Toss the dressing with the salad, and serve!