These tacos come together in no time at all, look beautiful, are basically fool-proof as long as you can handle a knife, and taste AMAZING. So fresh, juicy and crunchy all at once. Plus they are just as good for your body as they are for your taco cravings. Enjoy!
For more easily prepared and delicious plant based recipes just like this one be sure to pre-order Emily’s NEW book, The Rawsome Vegan Cookbook, available on Amazon.
- 1 small savoy cabbage
- 4 heirloom tomatoes
- 2 cobs of corn
- 1 cup packed basil leaves
- 2 limes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/8 teaspoon or more chili powder, if desired
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- Tear off the cabbage leaves gently: instant taco shells.
- To make the salsa: chop the tomatoes as roughly or finely as you like. Slice the corn off the cob. Mince the basil and juice the lime. Throw everything together, including the pepper. It should taste really yummy.
- To make the nut meat: finely chop the nuts and seeds then toss in the tamari and spices. Nom. Fill your taco shells with the salsa and nut meat. Enjoy.