Just because it’s fall time doesn’t mean you have to give up your love affair with smoothies. Try this detoxifying, creamy green smoothie packed with immune-boosting superfoods and warming spices like ginger, cinnamon and turmeric. It will help to protect you against colds and the flu, it will increase your energy levels and it’s one of the easiest ways to add more green leafy vegetables to your daily diet. Enjoy!
- 1 cup chilled green tea (or water)
- 2 small ripe persimmons
- 1 ripe pear
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds (or chia seeds)
- ½ to 1 teaspoon spirulina powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (optional)
- 2 large handfuls of leafy greens (I used spinach & kale)
- Combine green tea, persimmon, pear, hemp seeds, spirulina powder and ginger in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the leafy greens and blend again.