There’s a reason why energy ball recipes abound – they are one of the quickest, easiest, most delicious and portable ways to pack in that superfood nutrition. This recipe is no exception. Raw nuts and seeds combine with antioxidant-rich goji berries, stone ground almond butter, crunchy cacao nibs, and luscious cacao butter, which helps these delicious morsels hold their sphere shape, and also lends a delicious, subtle white chocolate flavor.
- 1 cup Almonds
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raw cacao nibs
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- 3/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Ground vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup maple syrup (or raw honey- could also try yacon syrup for low GI option or coconut nectar)
- 3/4 cup cacao butter (not to be mistaken for coconut butter)
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- Combine ingredients up to The Sea Salt in a food processor or Vitamix (food processor works best)
- Separately melt cacao butter in double boiler at very low temp and mix in Vanilla bean
- Combine the remaining ingredients with the melted Cacao butter/Vanilla bean mixture in a large bowl
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl with a spoon or by hand, until thoroughly combined
- Roll into small to medium sized balls & place in refrigerator or freezer for 30 minutes or until they have hardened.
- Remove & enjoy! You can store these in the fridge for a couple of weeks.