It’s starting to really feel like summer, which means lean, clean and green meals are in order. Start here with this tasty zoodle (zucchini noodle) dish topped with a creamy, slightly spicy avocado lime sauce.
- 2 zucchinis, spiralized
- 1 cup shelled & cooked edamame (RFR note: or try freshly shelled peas if 100% raw!)
- optional add-ins: extra veggies like bell peppers, carrots and purple cabbage
Creamy Avocado Lime Sauce
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2-3 slices of jalapeño (optional)
- fresh juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (or agave nectar)
- 1/2 teaspoon tamari (or low-sodium soy sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by spiralizing the zucchini and cooking the edamame according to the package's directions (RFR note: or if using raw peas, shell them) Combine them in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a food processor, blend up all ingredients for the Creamy Avocado Lime Sauce until smooth and creamy.