A creamy and refreshing chilled soup perfect for these nights when you’re simply too hot to even consider turning the stove on. Thanks to its gorgeous pink color, this beetroot gazpacho might even invite the fussiest eaters to have a spoonful. Enjoy!
- 1 cup water (or more if you prefer it thinner)
- 1 small beetroot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 small apple, cored and roughly chopped
- ½ small cucumber, peeled
- 1 large tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large tablespoon Shiro miso
- 1 tablespoon spring onion, chopped
- Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ ripe avocado, pitted
- Fresh dill, or other herbs
- Seeds of your choice (I used sprouted pumpkin seeds)
- Scoop of unsweetened plant-based yoghurt or a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine water, beetroot, apple, cucumber, lemon juice, miso, spring onion, salt and pepper in the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the avocado and blend again.
- Taste, adjust the seasonings if needed and blend one last time.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature. I topped the soup with fresh dill, sprouted pumpkin seeds, unsweetened coconut yoghurt and black pepper.