This is a light but also filling lunch or snack. It’s pretty low in calories and not very expensive.
- 1 1/2 cup peeled and chopped zucchini and/or summer squash ($1.20)
- 1 1/2 cup chopped cauliflower ($1.00)
- 1 cup peeled and chopped apple ($1.00)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, or any one of your favorite oils ($.20)
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion ($.10)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- Place all ingredients in high powered blender and process for a minute or two until very smooth and creamy.
- Add a drizzle of your favorite oil and some crushed red pepper flakes.