This Spring Beets & Citrus Detox Salad not only tastes beautiful and zingy, the flavours are fresh for this time of year, its the perfect salad to kick start your Spring detox with.
For the Salad
- 6 baby beets, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 – 2 navel oranges
- 1/2 bunch kale, centre ribs removed and leaves thinly sliced
- 1/3 C raw pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/4 C fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 C fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 C fresh basil, chopped
For the Dressing
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
- 3 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 t raw honey
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 t himalaya salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add all dressing ingredients together and combine well. Use 1/2 of dressing to mix with prepared beets and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, toss all ingredients together – reserving some segmented oranges and pistachios for garnish.