Half the fun of eating spirulina is its color, the other half is knowing its many incredible health benefits. However, the taste can be a little off putting on its own. This spirulina latte is fun to make, and it’s warm, cozy, slightly sweet, and not at all swampy in taste. Drinking a beverage of this color will definitely make you appreciate spirulina in all its glory and provide you with a bright start to your morning or a smile during your afternoon break.
- 2 cups almond milk or other plant milk of choice (I used homemade hazelnut)
- 1-2 teaspoons organic spirulina powder
- 1 teaspoon raw maca powder (optional)
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon coconut butter (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sunflower lecithin (optional)
- beet powder mixed with coconut sugar - for garnish (totally optional)
- Pour the milk into a medium saucepan and warm over medium high heat until pleasantly warm but not boiling.
- Put the warmed milk into the blender together with the rest of the ingredients, except the beet powder garnish. Blend until smooth and frothy.
- Distribute between cups, garnish with the beet powder and enjoy warm. Store the leftovers refrigerated in an airtight container. This latte can also be enjoyed chilled or iced.