These delicious raw crackers are amazing with raw cheeses (fermented nut cheese), hummus, raw patès, avocado or just to enjoy alone. The base is made from walnuts so they have a very savory flavor. The healthy fat in the walnuts gives them a great rich texture and flavor. You can make these in your oven if you don’t have a dehydrator, just bake them at the lowest heat offered until golden brown and toasty. Enjoy!
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 tablespoon of fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, sage)
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water (more if needed, should be a firmer constancy, but easily spreads onto dehydrator sheets)
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds, ground
- In a food processor, grid the walnuts and then add hemp seeds, carrots, herbs, shallot, oil and water.
- Process until you reach your desired texture.
- Pour into a bowl and add in ground flax.
- Let firm up then spread on to the teflex sheets or parchment paper (if baking), cut into desired size.
- Dehydrate at 115 degree for 10 hours or until crispy!