Brussels sprouts are often a neglected veggie, especially during the summer months while seasonal treats such as fresh corn, tomatoes, peppers and summer squash prevail. However, they are packed full of essential nutrition such as Vitamin C, Vitamin K, antioxidants and fiber and shouldn’t be completely forgotten! If you’re looking for a light, fresh summer salad that is different, this Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad with Cranberries and Maple Tahini Dressing is perfect.
- 16 organic brussels sprouts
- 1/2 - 1 cup organic dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup organic raw almonds
- 1/2 cup organic raw tahini
- 1/2 cup purified / filtered water
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Prepare the almonds: Add the almonds to a food processor and process with long pulses until they are in tiny pieces, but don't over process. Remove from the processor and set aside. Note: You can skip this step and use whole almonds or pre-packaged almond slivers if you prefer.
- Prepare the brussels sprouts: Cut the stem off each brussels sprout and add to a food processor. Process with long pulses until they become shredded and are in tiny pieces. Set aside.
- Prepare the dressing: In a small mixing bowl, add the tahini, water, maple syrup and Himalayan pink salt and stir or whisk until it is well combined and creamy and smooth.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, add the shredded brussels sprouts, the chopped almonds, dressing and cranberries and stir until everything is well combined and the dressing is evenly distributed.