Raw Zucchini Pasta with a raw creamy avocado and basil sauce and sweet cherry tomatoes. It’s just as good as it sounds. Fresh and absolutely wonderful. One glorious benefit of the often-times sweltering summer heat is that it encourages us to step away from the stove, pick up a fun kitchen gadget like a spiralizer, and keep it fresh, raw, and light instead. Enjoy!
- 1 zucchini
- 1 pinch Himalaya salt
Raw avocado and basil cream
- 1 avocado
- 6 tbsp coconut oil, warmed to a liquid
- herbal salt 1/2 teaspoon
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 1 hefty handful of fresh basil
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Sunflower, about 2-3 tbsp
- A handful of spinach leaves
- fresh basil to garnish
- possibly sea salt or Himalayan salt to garnish
- leeks, finely shredded
- Make the zucchini pasta using a spiralizer. If you do not have a spiralizer you can do this part with a cheese slicer or mandolin, alternatively, cut thin pasta sheets with a knife. Salt with a little Himalayan salt and let sit to soften.
- Mix all the ingredients for the avocado - and basil cream. Season to taste.
- Mix the pasta with avocado cream and spinach leaves. Add into serving bowls and top with the tomatoes, basil, leeks and sunflower seeds. Drizzle with a little olive oil and garnish with a little sea salt or Himalayan salt.