These Walnut Date Truffles are so sweet and caramelly they’ll satisfy the meanest of sweet tooths. They’re gluten-free, refined sugar-free, grain free and absolutely guilt-free! Walnuts are filled with nutritional benefits. They’re a source of iron, magnesium, and calcium, B vitamins, vitamin E and are rich in Omega 3’s and essential fatty acids like ALA and linoleic acid. They’re also an anti-inflammatory food helping to reduce inflammation in the body making them a great fibro-fighter food! Plus, just one ounce of walnuts contains 4 grams of protein.
These truffles are totally kid-friendly, the ingredients are 100% whole and nourishing. Those are the best kind of snacks for their growing bodies. What better sweets than these for them. They can easily be packed in their lunch bags for school and yours for work. There’s no excuse not to eat healthily!
- 1 1/4 cup raw walnuts*
- 12 medjool dates, pitted**
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar for dusting
- 1 tablespoon cacao or carob powder for dusting
- Set aside 1/4 cup of walnuts chopping into pieces for later use
- In a food processor blend 1 cup walnuts into a coarse flour
- Add the dates and continue to blend until well mixed together, make sure not to over process.
- Scoop out mix into a bowl adding the chopped walnuts and mixing in well.
- Scoop out one large tablespoon at a time and roll into balls
- Dust with the coconut sugar and cacao powder.
- Place onto a covered plate and freeze for 45-60 minutes.
- Optional toppings for date bars: Carob powder, cinnamon, almond slivers, sesame hemp or chia seeds, shredded coconut. Add these before freezing.