This Raw Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake is a perfection. It is No-Bake, healthy, naturally vegan (so dairy, egg and geletin free), gluten-free, grain-free and paleo. It is also soy free. A very healthy, allergen-friendly dessert. If this could get an award for the best healthiest spring dessert ~ that’s all vegan and of course all gluten free ~ it would be an easy win!
NO-BAKE, GLUTEN-FREE AND GRAIN-FREE CRUST :
CREAMY STRAWBERRY ‘CHEESECAKE’ LAYER
- 3 cups raw cashews
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- lemon zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil, cooled
- 1 pint of organic strawberries, reserve 5-6 for decorating and add just before serving
- First, melt the coconut butter to make an oil, set aside to cool.
- Soak the cashews in warm water for about 15 minutes, about the time it will take to make up the crust.
To make the crust
- Mix the almonds until a fine texture forms, add the raisins and shredded coconut. Process well, add 1 tbsp of filtered water at a time, process more and check texture if it sticks together.
- Press into the bottom of the spring form pan.
To make the cashew-cream/ vegan cheesecake
- Drain the cashews well, process in the food processor until they are a fine grind, add the lemon juice, lemon zest, agave and pinch of salt – cover and mix until well blended. Add the cooled coconut oil, mix again. Add the strawberries, mix again.
- Layer overtop of the crust and let set in the fridge.
- Before serving, dress it up with fresh strawberries. Serve and Enjoy this beautiful taste of Spring.