This raw vegan strawberry cheesecake is light, fruity, and its not too sweet. You can pair it with strawberry sauce, chocolate, coconut, or pretty much any other fruit. Make it with fresh strawberries in the summer when they’re in season, and use frozen strawberries in the winter!
- 1 cup cashews or almonds
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup pitted medjool dates or 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 - 2 teaspoons water
- 3 cups diced strawberries*
- 2 1/4 cups raw cashews
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coconut nectar
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Optional: 2 drops stevia, if you want an extra touch of sweetness
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 medjool dates
- Grind the nuts and coconut in a food processor until they turn to fine crumbs.
- Add the dates or raisins and process until they're completely broken down.
- Add the water and pulse to combine. Make sure the dough holds together when you press it in your hand otherwise add another 1/2 teaspoon water.
- Press into the bottom of a 9" spring form pan.
- Blend the berries, cashews, lemon, nectar and salt in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Add the coconut oil and blend again. Taste and add stevia if desired.
- Pour over the crust and place in the freezer for at least 6 hours (or as long as you want).
- Now set it on the counter for about 30 minutes and then slide a paring knife around the inside of the ring to remove it.
- Set the cake into the fridge for 12 hours. This is important for it to properly firm up and hold. Slice.
- Blend all ingredients until completely smooth in the blender.