If you’ve grown to believe that ranch dressing is NOT a healthy addition to your salads, there is plenty of evidence to support why this might be. If you grab a bottle from the supermarket shelf you’ll likely notice that it is loaded with preservatives, additives, processed oils, and even sugar. This easy, straight forward recipe, however, brings a fresh new perspective to this all-American salad bar classic, and definitely outdoes anything processed in terms of both flavor AND nutrition. Enjoy!
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- ½ cup chopped Persian cucumber, peeled
- 2" segment of the white part of a spring onion, chopped
- ½ clove garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 3+ Tbsp water
- 2-3 generous sprigs of fresh dill
- 2-3 generous sprigs of fresh basil
- 10+ stems fresh chives
- 2-3 generous sprigs of fresh Italian parsley
- ¼ -½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Using a blender, blend the cashews, cucumber, spring onion, garlic, oil, vinegar, salt, and water until smooth and creamy.
- Add more if you would like a thinner consistency. Transfer to a bowl or jar.
- Chop the fresh herbs very finely and stir into the creamy cashew mixture. Add the red pepper flakes, if using.