Cookie. Dough. Two words that are so magical when they come together. Cookies are great but the raw dough straight out of the tub is a whole ‘nother ball park. Unfortunately, not only can it cause salmonella but it also is full of refined sugar, wheat, butter and other chemicals and additives that are not so fresh. But not this version. This recipe is free of refined sugar, dairy, and white, and is an indulgence you can feel good about.
- 2 cups almond flour (RFR tip: you can make your own almond flour by grinding down almonds in a food processor or coffee grinder)
- 2 tbsp coconut butter (can be omitted)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup Lakanto maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon ground vanilla or vanilla extract
- 1 pinch pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 pack Lakanto dark chocolate, crushed (or your favorite raw chocolate)
- Line two plates with parchment paper and set aside.
- Take the packet of dark chocolate and crush it with any big, hard object so it breaks up into little pieces (I used the corner of a water bottle)
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut butter, coconut oil, Lakanto maple syrup, vanilla, sea salt and dark chocolate
- Wash your hands and massage everything together. You’ll notice how instantly the flour turns into sticky batter.
- Roll your “cookie dough” into 1 inch balls and place them on the lined plates.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes to chill (if you can wait that long) and enjoy!