Did you know mushrooms are WAY MORE than just a vegetable? Certain mushrooms have the ability to support the immune system, combat illness, and are loaded valuable nutrition like antioxidants. What better way to get the benefits of medicinal mushrooms than with an epic raw cheesecake loaded with cacao and the delicious flavor of chai.
Ingredients for the crust
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1-2 Tbsp water
Ingredients for the filling
- 2 cups organic raw cashews (Whole, Raw), soaked 4 hours
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup Organic Tea Golden Chai (on bag steeped in warm water)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 packet Cordyceps elixir from Four Sigmatics
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup melted organic raw coconut butter
- 2-3 drops stevia, optional
- Blend the cashews, maple, chai infusion, vanilla and salt until smooth and creamy in a high speed blender.
- Add the coconut oil and butter. Blend to incorporate. Separate half and reserve. Blend the other half with cacao powder. Taste and add a few drops stevia if desired.
- Pour vanilla mix over the crust and then the chocolate mixture. Swirl and set in the freezer for 5-6 hours and then in the fridge for 8-12 hours.