It’s the middle of January, and if you’re in the northern hemisphere, this is about the time you start dreaming about your next getaway to a warmer place. If you can’t escape from frigid temperatures, at least trick your taste buds into thinking they’ve just arrived to tahiti with a bite of this amazing raw vegan mango cheesecake.
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup Almonds or pecans
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3-5 Tbsp water
- 3 cups soaked raw cashews (or 2 cups + 1 block of firm silken tofu)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup plant-based milk (soy or almond are best)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 6 stevia drops
- 2 ripe Ataulfo mangoes, only flesh
- Fresh fruit, chocolate squares or dried mulberries
- Start by soaking the nuts for 5-6 hours.
- Prepare the crust by processing the dates, nuts and coconut flour in your food processor or vitamix. Add the water as needed, until you have a sticky consistency. Transfer mixture to a cheesecake pan and leave in the freezer while you make the filling.
- Blend the cashews, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, milk, vanilla and stevia drops until you have a very creamy consistency. Add the ripe mango until creamy and smooth.
- Spread over the crust and freeze for 24 hours. Once ready, leave outside the freezer for 5 minutes and remove from pan while frozen.
- Top cheesecake with your favorite fruits or any other topping you want. This holds really well if left in the fridge but you can also put it back on the freezer if you won’t eat it too quickly.