Valentine’s Day may be behind us, but did you know that the entire month of February is American Heart Month? What better way to show your heart some TLC than with a raw vegan treat full of flavonol antioxidants thanks to raw cacao, and plenty of heart-healthy fats from cold pressed coconut oil. Yep, you can still treat your sweet tooth while also taking good care of your heart. Enjoy!
- 2 cups organic medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons organic cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla bean powder
- 1 pinch Himalayan pink salt
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until the dates are broken down and everything is well combined. The mixture should have a sticky/wet consistency.
- Take out a spoonful at a time and either: a) roll into a ball shape and place into a heart shaped silicone mold and flatten down evenly b) roll into a ball shape and place in a silicone mold of your choice and flatten down evenly c) roll into a ball shape and make truffles d) roll into a ball shape then shape by hand into a heart shape, etc.
- Optional: sprinkle the tops with raw cacao nibs, shredded coconut, goji berries, mini chocolate chips (not raw), etc.
- Place the silicone mold (or plate with truffles) in the freezer for approximately 60 minutes, or until they are firm. Store in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to serve because they will get soft and lose their shape if left out at room temperature. Enjoy!