Treat yourself to a leisurely and delicious brunch this weekend with these raw vegan banana pancakes. Serve them up with young coconut cream and a fresh fruit salad full of all of your favorite seasonal fruits. You deserve it.
- 1 large banana
- 1/4 cup raw buckwheat flour (you can also make this yourself by grinding up dehydrated buckwheat groats or just buy it)
- 2 tbsp flax meal (ground flax seeds)
- 2 tbsp Lakanto maple syrup (use code SAHARA for 20% off)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk
Green Coconut Cream
- ½ cup meat of a young fresh coconut (can use frozen and thawed)
- ¼ cup Lakanto maple syrup (use code SAHARA for 20% off)
- 2 tbsp spinach
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 cup water
Fruit Salad (Use your choice of fruit!
- 1 persimmon
- 4 blackberries
- 1/3 banana
- 1 kiwi
- 3 raspberries
- 3 walnuts
- Several mint leaves
- Blend ingredients together in a blender.
- Line dehydrator with parchment paper. Add spoonfuls on the paper. You should get about 4-5 pancakes.
- Raw version: Dehydrate for about 2.5 hours on 115 OR if you don’t have a dehydrator. Not raw version: Heat coconut oil on stove and place pancake. Cook for several minutes and flip.
- Make your coconut cream by blending all coconut cream ingredients.
- Prepare your plate by cutting up fruit to decorate. Use a round cookie cutter to get a really clean round shape which makes for great presentation.
- Now that all of your components are ready, begin decorating! When it comes to plating, I begin just playing around with shapes and seeing where it takes me. This sort of just transformed into a flower, though I had no intention of making it a flower before. Mix and match shapes and colors and see what comes up for you!
- To get the pancake cups, cut a slit halfway through your banana pancakes and fold into a round cup. Add several spoons of coconut cream onto the plate and place banana pancakes on top so they hold shape. Enjoy your delicious self-lovin, raw-vegan, sugar-free pancakes!