Its girl scout cookie season! If you find yourself craving the classic Thin Mint experience, give this healthified, rawified version a try!
- 1 cup raw finely shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup raw sprouted dehydrated buckwheat groats
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 8 soft medjool dates
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup chopped raw chocolate chunks* See below
Raw Chocolate Chunks
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup raw cacao butter (or coconut oil may be used if not available), warmed to liquid
- ¼ cup raw coconut nectar or maple syrup
- A pinch of sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in the food processor and process until the mixture is very fine crumbs that hold together when squeezed.
- Press out onto a foil lined sheet pan, 1/4 inch thick and place in the freezer until hard.
- Once hard, cut into small hearts or circles with a cookie cutter.
- Melt the raw chocolate (I do this by placing it in the dehydrator at 115F in a bowl, stirring often)
- Once melted, dip each cookie into the melted raw chocolate (I use a fork so that the excess can drain off easily) letting the excess drain off and place back on the foil. Repeat with remaining cookies, and allow the chocolate to harden (you can place the pan in the freezer to speed it up).
- Whisk all ingredients together until smooth and well blended.
- Pour into molds, or out onto a sheet of foil and place in the fridge to harden.
- Chop into chunks.