Sometimes when you make a cheesecake the filling takes away from the flavors of the fruit, but not this one. Fresh strawberries and rhubarb are used in both the creamy filling and in a jammy swirl marbled throughout the bars. Pure delicious goodness! Tart and sweet, just how strawberry rhubarb desserts should be.
- 1 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup sprouted buckwheat groats (or additional shredded coconut)
- 1/2 cup soft medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 tsp himalayan salt
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 cups young coconut meat, packed
- 1/4 cup raw coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup organic strawberries
- 1 cup diced organic rhubarb
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp coconut butter or oil, warmed to liquid
- 1/2 cup organic strawberries
- 1/2 cup diced organic rhubarb
- 1 Tbsp raw coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 2 tsp coconut butter, warmed to liquid
- For the crust, combine all ingredients in the food processor and process until small crumbs and starting to hold together.
- Press into an 8x8 inch (or 9x9 inch if you want the bars thinner) pan lined with foil or parchment and oiled with coconut oil (for easy removal). Set aside in the freezer.
- For the filling, combine all ingredients but the coconut butter in a high speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the coconut butter and blend until smooth. Set aside in a bowl.
- To make the swirl, blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Set aside.
- To assemble the bars, drop some of the swirl by the tsp over the crust, then pour the filling over that. Drop the rest of the swirl by the tsp over that, then swirl with a knife.
- Place in the freezer to set, about 2 hours. Cut into bars and serve! Store any extra bars in the refrigerator.