Think peanut butter and jelly meets your favorite bowl of oatmeal – this recipe makes a great healthy snack option for both children and adults alike, and can even act as a breakfast stand-in on those mornings when a sit down breakfast is just not going to happen. Keep these wholesome oat bars handy for when hunger strikes – they are so yummy, are packed with healthy proteins, fats and slow-burning carbs, and are definitely a better option than anything you can find packaged in a shiny rapper and box.
- In a food processor, combine the dates, banana, almond butter, sea salt and process until smooth.
- Add the seeds and one cup of the oats and pulse until combined.
- Remove to a bowl, and stir in the remaining cup of oats, and the strawberries.
- Spread the mixture out on a lined dehydrator tray about an inch thick in a square.
- Dehydrate for 4 hours, then cut into 6 bars, separate a little and continue to dehydrate for 4 more hours until not sticky, and firm but still a little soft in the centers. Store in the refrigerator.