Attention all snickers addicts! Before you succumb to an impulse buy at the checkout counter (that you’ll be regretting later) give this wholesome recipe by Natalia of Naturelle a try. Make extra and keep them in your freezer for when those cravings hit. No refined sugar, corn syrup, additives, dairy derivatives, palm oil, hydrogenated soy oil, or GMO contaminated ingredients here. You can thank us later.
1 cup dehydrated walnuts
½ cup dehydrated hazelnuts
1/3 cup dehydrated peanuts (use raw valencia peanuts or jungle peanuts)
4 pitted Medjool dates
8 pitted Medjool dates
3 TbSp raw jungle peanut butter
1 TbSp coconut oil
1 pinch of salt
1 Tsp vanilla powder
1/2-3/4 cup dehydrated peanuts (without skin)
1 TbSp coconut oil
4 TbSp honey (maple syrup for vegans)
4 TbSp cocoa powder
To make the crust :
1. Process the walnuts, the hazelnuts and the peanuts in a mixer until finely chopped. Add the dates and mix until the composition starts to hold together when squeezed (add some dates water if needed).
2. Press the mixture into the bottom of a mold lined with parchment paper and set aside.
To make the caramel filling:
1. Let the dates soak for 10-15 min .
2. Melt the coconut oil in a bain-marie.
3. Combine all ingredients in a food processor, adding some dates water and mix until everything is smooth and homogenous. You have to get a creamy consistency.
4. Pour the cream over the crust, smoothing out then put it in the fridge.
To make the chocolate filling :
1. Melt the coconut oil in a bain-marie.
2. In a blender, mix together the avocado, the honey, the coconut oil and the cacao powder until smooth.
Take the composition out of the fridge, unmold it and cut it in small bars(8cm x 2cm). Cover the caramel filling with the peanuts then cover the bars completely with the chocolate filling. Place it in the frigo for several hours/one night to let it stiff.