Did you know that you can use food grade essential oils to bring flavor and life (and medicinal benefits!) to your raw food desserts? In this raw cheesecake recipe, a few drops of pure lime essential oil brings a crisp, bright citrus flavor, as well as an uplifting and energizing effect to the body.
- 1/2 cup macadamias
- 6 medjool dates
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup macadamias, preferably soaked overnight or minimum 4 hours
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 4 drops food grade lime essential oil (or 1/4 cup lime juice)
- Zest of 2 limes, grated
- 1/4 cup water
- Lime zest or lime wedges
- Process the base ingredients in your food processor/high speed blender/thermomix until it resembles crumbs and sticks together when pressed.
- Spoon mixture into a 24 mini muffin pan and press down with the back of a teaspoon.
- Add the cheesecake ingredients to your food processor/high speed blender/thermomix and process until smooth. Add to the bases and smooth over with the back of a teaspoon and place into the freezer for 2 hours to set.
- Top with either grated lime zest or lime wedges