Not only are these brownies delicious, but they are super easy to whip up and they look so pretty too. If you’re already hooked on matcha lattes, you’ll love discovering a whole new way of enjoying this antioxidant-loaded, chlorophyll-rich superfood. Matcha is rich in L-Theanine, an amino acid that is said to help promote both relaxation and alertness. Enjoy!
- 1 + 1/2 cups pecans
- 16 medjool dates (or soft organic dates)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste (or extract)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup cacao butter, chopped into small pieces
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup (you can also use honey or maple syrup)
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- Process pecans in a blender or food processor until they resemble fine crumbs.
- Next, add the cacao powder, vanilla and sea salt and process until well combined.
- Then, add the dates and process until a sticky dough is formed.
- Spoon mixture into a lined square baking tin and smooth with the back of a spoon. Place in the refrigerator to set for a minimum 2 hours.
- To make the matcha layer, add the cacao butter and rice malt syrup in a small glass/heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure that the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water. Stir until the cacao butter has melted
- Next, add the matcha powder and whisk until well combined. Spread over the brownies and place back into the freezer for approximately one hour to set.
- Then, slice the brownies into squares and serve. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.